Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Flowers!!!

They are so pretty, they deserved their very own title!

I was out early today, took the car for an oil change first thing this morning. Before coffee, even, although I took coffee with me. Well, actually, I did quickly look at email, and read and answered two before leaving. But, hadn't had coffee--hahah.

It was a good trip, they changed the oil, changed the air filter, which was really crappy/dirty looking, and declogged the nozzle for the washer fluid on the passenger side. It has not been working quite right, it mostly has been squirting the fluid in a solid stream, over the car. Just a bit manages to hit the window! It is much better now!

As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed flowers open on the magnolia, so came in and got the camera, then was back out to take photos!













The first photo shows a good bit of the tree, and you can see the two open blooms lower down and the one just starting to open near the top. The second photo is a close up of the lowest open bloom. I couldn't get closer than that, as I am not tall enough!

After taking these photos, I went around to the back to see how the gardenia is doing. You wouldn't believe the smell---I know you would love it, Mom.













You will see from the first photo that there are several flowers on the gardenia! No wonder you can really smell it back there! The second photo is the best (how pathetic is that, it is the best and still very blurry) of the close-ups I took of two of the flowers. It was windy, but not nearly as windy as in the front yard, where I managed to get a decent shot of the magnolia. Go figure. At least the smaller version doesn't look too bad.

More later, take care all!

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Bring me one!!! I love the smell too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home