Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thunderstorm

We had quite a thunderstorm this morning, about 5 a.m. or so. It poured down the rain for a while, but not nearly long enough. I checked the rain gauge, and we only got about a quarter inch out of it. Unless they got more to the south of us, I don't think it was enough to help much with any remnants from the brush fires. Oh well.

A friend of Mike's from work stopped by late yesterday evening with some butterfly attracting seedlings for him. I think I will try to find a pot to set down in one of the beds, and plant them in it. This plant is a good spreader, and since it is also a weed, I don't want it to get out of control. I know Mike will love having more butterflies around to see and photograph, but I do worry a little bit about the caterpillers. They do go hand in hand, don't they! Oh well, I guess we will see, and if it all becomes too much of a problem, they can be pulled and tossed. Meanwhile, they are supposed to bloom with pretty flowers, so it will add some color.

The azaleas are making a start at blooming. I seem to remember that last year it was a very drawn out process. There is one bloom on the larger plant, and just buds on the smaller one. I don't think that the conditions here are quite right for them to do well?

Our weather is much cooler now, we are in the low 70's and are to be in the 70's or low 80's for several days now. We have further chances of rain, but this rain this morning was considered to be the best chance, so I guess we will see if any more comes.

Anne goes to Dr. Greenspoon's tomorrow to be re-bandaged, and I guess we will find out then if that is really it or if there is any casting in her future. Her fingers and lower arm are still rather swollen, although she has no trouble wiggling her fingers as directed--exercising them! I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home