Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bookcases!

They are here! They have arrived! They came early, but we were home! Can't ask for much more than that. The guys got here about 4.15, but Anne and I were already home, so it wasn't a problem at all. They managed to get all the bookcases in the projected spots. The cave wasn't as much of a problem as I thought it might be, but the computer room was harder to get into than I expected. I hadn't really thought about how narrow the hallway is, etc. Oops! But, they got the bookcase in with very little trouble, so all is good! They have a lot of experience dealing with this kind of thing.

I had everything ready this morning--finished up vacuuming, etc. I wanted all the bookcase spots to be freshly vacuumed, and that worked out just fine. Everything was done and ready before we ever left for Anne's appt. It was really nice to come home and know that we could just relax! I will do photos soon, but so far, the bookcases are just standing in the rooms, without their shelves installed, and are being rather dusty. Which would be better, to photograph them empty, with just their shelves, or wait till they are full? If you have an opinion, leave a comment, eh?

Anne's appt went well. We saw the PA, who is nice, and good about spending an adequate amount of time with patients. The girl who took us back to an examing room was going to remove sutures, but Anne truly didn't have any. Hurrah! The gal did remove the tape and gauze, and the one remaining strip of seri strip came off with it, thank goodness! Her incisions look great---two very tiny ones, one is about half an inch long, the other about a quarter inch. Can't complain about that. The PA came in, showed us on the photos what all it was that the surgeon did. There was fuzzy stuff, as I thought from the photos, and that was all cleaned and shaved off. It all looks nice and clear in there now! Although Anne does still have pain--sometimes more than others---she can tell a difference in this pain from the pain she had before the surgery. This is better, and she doesn't regret the surgery at all. She will go through some pt, and then sees the PA again in 6 weeks. She is allowed to start using her wrist, since the surgery was cleaning up rather than assaulting or chopping things! The PA's guideline is "if it hurts, don't do it." Good words to live by, I would say!

Well, I guess tomorrow I will get the bookcases dusted, and start arranging shelves. I don't want to put books in yet, as I think there is still a bit of fume residue from the finishing, and I want to give it a bit more chance to dissipate before I start putting books in them. I notice the fumes a bit from where I am sitting, and I don't imagine the books would like it very much either! But I remember from last time, it clears up quite nicely, in a short time. Tomorrow or the weekend, or early next week, will be fine for book shelving! Depending on when I feel up to getting at it--haha.

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Well take pictures of both, before and after - then have a link like I did with the workers, when you click they will be full!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Sally said...

good idea, Jo! I figured I would take before and after pix, not sure what I would actually post, but that is a really good idea! Thanks!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home