Saturday, October 03, 2009

I Forgot Things!

Isn't that the way, I finally got myself busy and posted on my blog and then the next day I realized there were things I forgot to talk about. And it has taken me this long to get around to posting again.

Last weekend--on Saturday, to be exact---Mike and I went to Epcot for the first time since the birthday weekend! The International Food and Wine Festival had just started up on Friday. We were a little worried that it would be really crowded, as we had heard that is usually the case the first weekend. Although it got more and more crowded as the day progressed, it wasn't crowded at all that morning and early afternoon.

It is always fun deciding which country's offerings to try out, and enjoying again things we tried last year. We tried two new things, both of which were good! There was Spicy Chicken Sausage with Polenta in Canada, which was really good and they weren't kidding about the spicy! We also tried the grilled scallop from New Zealand, which was good. Oh----I almost forgot, we tried a dessert too------Lava Cake with Baileys chocolate ganache from Ireland. Oh was that ever good--- yummm! The other things we ate were all things we had last year and loved.

It seemed especially hot, which was a bit surprising, since we have often visited Disney parks when it was much hotter. We are looking forward to it cooling off a little bit. And we definitely look forward to trying out more of the great food selections.

The "Eat to the Beat" concert series is in full swing too. The group that day was Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. We hadn't heard of them before, but enjoyed the show. They are a swing band, and had plenty of brass in the line up.

Not much new on the spinning front. I did get the yarn off that bobbin (photo in last post) and onto the niddy noddy. I still need to tie the skein and get it washed and finished. Then there are just the last bits of the mint julep to finish plying and I will have to decide what to spin next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home