Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where Did the Week Go?

It feels like we just got home from Texas, and here it is the end of the week already. Time is a very strange thing.

There were a bunch of Sand Hill Cranes one yard down from my folks yard this afternoon. There were 5-6 of them and they sure were loud! Mike and I went out to look and make sure they weren't under attack, they were so loud.


This is the skein of yarn I made from the batt bite I mentioned in an earlier post. I am pretty happy with the way it came out! It is promised to Anne. I brought it home from Texas so the knitting group gals could see it, and so Jo can see it. Then it can go to Anne. There are about 93 yards in this skein. It is a 2-ply yarn, and I had the most fun ever plying it. Edited to clarify: of all the singles I have plied together, plying these singles was the most fun!


I have started spinning another batt from Corgi Hill Farms (the source of the batt bite). The color is Mint Julep and it is really pretty. Made up of merino wool, silk and firestar. Yum! It is spinning up pretty easily and I am really enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home