Sunday, August 09, 2009

A New Week

I never did mention that we went and saw the new Harry Potter movie on our anniversary. I hadn't read the book since it first came out, and I guess that was a good thing! I heard they added things to the movie that weren't in the book. You wouldn't think they would need/want to do that as there was plenty of material in the book---Rowling's last ones were all over 500 pages. But they did--go figure. It had been long enough since I read the book that I wasn't sure if I had just forgotten bits or if it was stuff they made up--although I remember thinking I would have used different bits from the book in place of some of the scenes, and I think those were all the made up bits--hahah. Oh well. The movie itself was good, but as usual, never as good as the book. I can't off the top of my head think of any movie I thought was better than the book it was based on.


I just now finished spinning the first half of the "batt bite" I have been spinning. I took some photos and here is one of them--the one that gives the best view of the bobbin of singles. It has been easy to spin. There have been little bits that don't want to spin like the rest. The rust colored parts are especially prone to be a little difficult--I am guessing those are camel or yak or one of the other exotic fibers the batt might include. All in all though, it has been fun to spin and I am looking forward to getting the other half spun, and the singles plied!

I will be getting ready for our trip to TX, so I'm not sure if I will post again till after we are back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home