Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Spinning Fun

Don't faint, I am back to posting more regularly!

I am finally getting back into my routines, after having Brian and Co here for two weeks, then being out of town for a week. The washer and dryer are getting work outs and the nordic track got used for the first time in more than a month.



I have now used my spinning wheel 3 times since we have been back. I actually have spun two days in a row--I am sure that is a first for me. I am spinning up some merino wool in the colorway Amethyst, from Woodland Woolworks. It is spinning up nice and easy and my singles look pretty even.



I finished knitting a baby hat. It was my knitting group knitting--mostly mindless knitting that I don't have to concentrate on too hard. It is really cute! I had plenty of the ball of yarn left (Bernat Baby Jacquards in Easter Basket), so have started another hat in the 1 year size. The recently finished hat is in the 6 month size.

It looks like a thunderstorm is descending on us---black clouds moving in fast and some thunder in the distance. The wind has really picked up too. We could use the rain, since the actual rain fall we have had recently is less than it seemed. Yep, a good old thunderstorm, lots of lightning and thunder but not very much rain....oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home