Saturday, November 08, 2008

Friday at Epcot

It is always interesting visiting a Disney park on a weekday. It always surprises me that there are a lot of people there.

We went to Epcot yesterday and had a great time! There were a lot of people, but it wasn't crowded. I know that seems contradictory and I thought so at the time, too. The International Food and Wine Festival was still on---the last day is this Sunday. It was fun getting to try out more foods, since there were things we were interested in that we didn't get around to last time.

We shared an empanada from Santiago de Chile. They just had Santiago Chile on the sign, Anne, but I remembered that this is the proper form? I won't list everything we ate, but I will mention something that I didn't think I would particularly like, and instead I loved it. Canada had a maple glazed salmon with some kind of corn and green leafy stuff--lol. I really don't like meat/fish to be sweet, but Mike was interested, having heard from a guy at work that it was really good. I was glad we tried it---it was yummy! There were also some sweet bits of maple glazed nut in the mix too and those were really good.

It was a very musical visit. We managed to accidently be in the right places at the right time to hear a lot of things we easily could have missed. We heard most of one set played by British Invasion, a "Beatles" band that plays in England. We had heard them before, but mostly in passing. They are really quite good and we enjoyed the show. They were doing 3 more sets during the evening, and we decided to be sure to catch the 6 p.m. show. For each performance, there is a theme--along with appropriate costumes. It was all very enjoyable.

We went to China and got to hear a Chinese woman play a number of selections on a zither type instrument. It was really interesting and we were glad we got to hear her play.

Epcot is also near the end of one of their Concert Series, and we got to hear a band that I like! The band was Night Ranger, and I guess their biggest hit was a song I have always liked---"Sister Christian". They played a number of other songs first, almost all of which I recognized, but I hadn't realized that Night Ranger was the band that did them. That happens to me a lot--haha.

There, I had forgotten to mention that earlier on we enjoyed the music of Off Kilter, at Canada. They are an interesting group, they do rock/Canadian folk music, with guitars, keyboard, drums, and a bagpipe! They all wear kilts, too. They always put on a good show and yesterday was no exception.

There was plenty of music to be heard, all these and more. The food lines weren't long at all. I think the longest one all day for us was when we stopped to get Mike a Sam Adams beer. And even then, it wasn't nearly as long a line as some of the food lines the last time we were at Epcot.

To top it all off, we stopped and did Spaceship Earth just before leaving--no line at all. We had never seen it without a line. Amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home