Saturday, September 19, 2009

Talk Like a Pirate Day

Aaaargh, me hearties!

Well, enough of that--lol.

I took a step out of the usual routine and went to Magic Kingdom on Wednesday to spend part of the day with Becky, Tom, Zack, Maddie and Jake. The weather was great--well, hot, but no rain! The park wasn't crowded at all, so we spent the day never having to stand in line. (well, maybe a tiny line now and then-LOL) That was really wonderful!

It was really good seeing everyone. Jake sure is getting big--way bigger than last time I saw him. The kids seemed to be having a really good time. We had 4 goes at shooting alien bad guys and made the universe a little safer for everyone--hahah. We had the fun of seeing Tinker Bell making friends with Jake--he wasn't having any of that---I think he was getting hungry and tired but wasn't expressing it yet.

I left about 4 o'clock to head home and had a good trip, with the traffic not being bad at all.

I actually went and swam three times this week. Part of my plan to stop being so lazy and to take advantage of the pool while it is still warm enough--haha.

I have been doing more spinning. I am 3/4 of the way done spinning the last of the mint julep batts. Just as a guess, I should have a skein at least as big as the one pictured in the previous post, by the time the rest of this is spun and plied. I really like the way this yarn looks.

I got smart finally.....haha. The sparkly stuff (firestar) in these batts tends to stick to my slacks when I am spinning (leaving strands of firestar here and there). I have been putting my silk scarf on my lap before I start spinning and no more fiber stuck to the pants. I am glad I thought to do it.

I will have to start thinking about what I want to spin next. Or it might be time to play with the drum carder some more and make up some of my own batts? I have plenty of things to add to the mix now--a number of different colors of bamboo, and some tussah silk. I should be able to come up with some good combinations.

Avast ye lubbers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home