Sunday, March 12, 2006

Like Sands Through the Hourglass..

So are the days of our lives?

Isn't that how the beginning of one of those soap operas went? Both of my grandmothers liked to watch their soaps, that is where it comes from! I don't like them, don't watch them, (soaps, not Grandmas!!!) etc. But, the memory does play funny tricks on us sometimes, and reminds us of long forgotten phrases, etc. I guess this one is somewhat fitting?

It is beautiful outside again. I don't generally get tired of it. I am not even tired of the sunny days, as has sometimes happened. Does that mean I am getting more and more used to it? Of course, too little rain has consequences, with increased wild fire risks, etc. Our area is quite nice and green still, so I don't think there is too much risk near us. Meanwhile, Crunchy Frog's weather report and AOL agree that it is 78 degrees outside. They generally disagree on the current temperature. Is it a conspiracy? In any case, I won't complain about the weather.

Mike is out for a walk. I will be getting on the nordic track soon. There is always something to do, right? I am glad that we are at least making an effort to take care of ourselves and get healthy. I know we won't regret it.

There is not much going on around here. This past week was busy with the doc appts. This week is clear, so far. It will be a relief, to tell you the truth. I hope to get some more sorting done. I have had a slight reprieve, as on Friday I called the unfinished furniture place I ordered the bookcases from. They said the bookcases should be ready about the end of the month. Whew! I am glad they are taking a just little longer than the 6 week or so the guy said when I ordered them. I just am not ready yet. So, I had best get a move on and get ready! I want to be ready for them before they arrive, rather than making a mad scramble after they have called to set up a delivery date. Once the new bookcases are in, I can get to work on emptying more boxes! Hurrah!!!!! That will free up so much more space, once the rest of the book boxes are emptied. I will finally have a realistic hope of finally getting the house arranged and things settled. It is about time, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home