Friday, March 10, 2006

He Fixed It!!

Yes folks, the repairman fixed it. The broken fridge, that is! What could be better--he came in a timely manner--he called as he was leaving the appointment before mine (I actually had nice warning time!), he quickly found the problem and had the part he needed! And it wasn't the compressor! I don't think I could ask for much more.

Turns out it was the relay that leads to the compressor (that nasty "c" word that usually means a lot of money). Thank goodness we got to skip that one! He found the part in his handy trusty van, and got it installed. He asked about the water filter in the fridge--yes, it really really did need to be changed. He actually had the right one in his van too, and replaced the old one for me. The charges were way less than a new fridge would have been!

I had thought I would go grocery shopping in the afternoon, but he said it likely wouldn't be down to the right temperatures till the evening and technically you should give it 24 hours, so I decided to hold off. Even this morning, they are a little higher than they should be, but just a little. I have adjusted the temperature settings in the fridge and that should take care of it. So, we will do some shopping after Anne's appt this afternoon.

On the plus side, it is nice to have the freezer all nice and clean. I still have a little bit of cleaning to do in the fridge, but at least all the perishable stuff is out of it now.

This week has held much more excitement than we needed, and not fun excitement. Doesn't that stink? It is more than time for some really good luck (although I consider the fridge good luck in that the timing was okay and it wasn't the compressor!) Anne sure needs some good luck. She really isn't happy about having to have surgery on her wrist, but she also doesn't want to live with it as it is, so there isn't really any choice.

Just a quick little reminder, today is the 10th, and that means that the Pampered Chef catalog sale I am doing for Christine ends in just 4 days. If you want to order something, and need any assistance, please email me or leave a comment on this blog and I will get in touch with you! Thanks so much, it is greatly appreciated!

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That relay went in our fridge a couple of years ago. Had you been having lightning storms? The Sears guy told me those relays get fried by power surges real easily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home