Wednesday, October 19, 2005

OOPS!--I started to title this Thursday!

I guess that says something about the kind of day it has been? I have been confused all day as to whether it is Wednesday or Thursday. Oh well. Anne had a link to this quiz on her Daily Drudge blog, and I tried the quiz out. See the results! Anne says, ha ha, I am weirder than you! I guess that really makes us weird, right? I will write more below the weird test results, so go on down!


You Are 50% Weird

Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!


So, Anne had her test today, and that went okay. Nothing else new. I called the stucco guy and he said next week was fine, he had planned on calling about it if I hadn't. Said no way would he open up that stucco just before a big storm, if it looked like it might come this way. I think the main thing at this point is that we will get something, it is just a question of how much. I don't mind that we aren't on the gulf coast of Florida, and that Wilma will be much weaker before she gets to this side. I don't want to wish ill to anyone, but I also don't mind that most of the forecasts still seem to show Wilma going to the south of us. Who would have thought that Wilma would go ballastic the way she has, growing so fast, getting so strong, etc. What a monster she is turning out to be. Our weather reports had shown that temps (on the water) on the gulf were about 84 or so, and I really thought she would get in there and start to dwindle, as that is so much cooler than what we have been having in the Atlantic during the other hurricanes. Go figure, eh?

I took a look around the house last evening after putting the trash cans back in the garage. Joel and his guys really trimmed back most of the plants, except the philodenron monstero, or whatever it is called? I thought from what Mike said that they had trimmed it, but it doesn't look like it to me. They have put some branches with "V" ends under two of the main branches of the grapefruit to help support it. Mike had gone out to get the paper on Sunday and Joel and guys had just pulled up. Mike asked about the grapefruit, and Joel said he is waiting till the fruit is off to work on it, re-establish it, etc. As luck would have it, the side that it leans to is the side with the most fruit, which adds even more weight to the problem. I probably should have just taken all the fruit off back when I took out some. Mike really did enjoy the grapefruit last year though, and his folks did too, when they came. Oh well.

We will hope for news of a surgery date tomorrow, and will keep you posted on things in general. I have made good progress on the sleeves of Michelle's costume--I am doing both at the same time. It is working out really well, plenty of room on the needles for both sleeves! It will be so cute! More later.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home