Friday, October 07, 2005

Rain, Rain---Splish Splash

I had a productive day today. I have arranged for someone to come look at the chimney--up top---to deal with the drip we get from it when it rains. The fireplace backs onto our room, and we hear it loud and clear while trying to sleep, if it has been or even is, raining. It will be good to get this taken care of. I seem to be able to manage just so much in addition to dealing with Anne and making a stab at keeping house and laundry together. Not that Anne is difficult, but the appts, getting through daily life, etc, is pretty much a full time job. It is a real sense of accomplishment to get extra things done too!

I also called the auto body place that repaired my car after the accident. I had noticed earlier this week that one of my headlights was out. I called over this morning and the gal said bring it in anytime and they would get it taken care of. I made it over late morning, while Anne slept. (I did let her know I was going and gave her her synthroid, first!) One of the guys checked it out, the bulb had blown. It was all black and bubbly. I am wondering if defective? Anyway, he quickly replaced it with a new one and I was ready to go. Came home and got Anne and we headed out to see a movie. Of course, the skies had to let loose with pouring, drenching rain on our way there, and we got soaked getting from the parking lot to the theatre. We both had jackets/sweaters, so that helped some! Fortunately, it had stopped raining by the time we got out, and we had a chance to finish drying out.

I feel relaxed enough to get back to knitting! I had best get with it, as I still have to finish Michelle's Halloween costume. Anne has the hat almost done, just one little bit left to finish up! It is so cute, and she will be absolutely adorable!

I felt like there was something else I was going to write about, but I can't think of what for the life of me, so I will just go ahead and end this. I will be really glad to get my memory back some day, this spotty memory deal is no fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home