Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On Their Way

Anne and Paul are on their way to Texas!

They moved up their timeline once again, and decided they would leave on Monday. Paul and a neighbor got the big things loaded on Sunday, and Paul got most of the boxes loaded up too. I went on Monday to give them a hand. There were still some things to be broken down, some things to be boxed up, things to haul to the dumpster, and a little bit of cleaning to do. We took a break for lunch, and had a much needed rest and refueling. Then it was back to work. Finally, the trailer was full, the bed of the truck was full and covered with a tarp, and the animals were loaded in the back seat. It was time for hugs and farewells. It was sad to see them go, but I know it is a good move for them, so I am happy for them. How could I not be? Please keep them in your thoughts as they travel to Texas!

I am not as tired as I thought I would be after my efforts yesterday. I pulled out of the parking space just a minute before they did, and I got home at 8 p.m. I know, a very late start for them, but they figure they are going to be going so slow, pulling the weight of the trailer, that they want to make the most of their time. They hope to arrive in San Marcos on Thursday. Anyway, driving home, I could feel a hard knot of muscle in my back, and I figured I might be in trouble. Not so! Some rest at home during the evening, and a pretty good night's sleep, and I feel fine this morning.

Mike has been hinting (!!!) that it is long past time to make more progress on removing the wallpaper border. (I had told him ages ago that I would do it, I have just been really slow) I decided there is no time like the present, and have already spent some time on it this morning. I have removed the top layer of wallpaper from more than half the border in the living room! I got lucky and was able to get some good strips going where I was able to pull several feet of paper, the whole width of the border, at one time. That sure makes it go faster---I just wish it was possible to do that the whole time! But, it just doesn't always cooperate. Of course, there is still the backing of the paper to deal with, which requires water and a scraper. And it takes much much longer to deal with. At least it is just a little bit darker than the paint color, so it isn't as hard to look at as the wallpaper!

It is cloudy outside today. It doesn't necessarily look like it is going to rain, although I think there is a chance of rain today. It is kind of gloomy looking outside, though!

Well, I like the look of the living room without wallpaper so much, I think I will go see if I can get the rest of it pulled off! Take care, all.

Godspeed, Anne and Paul!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home