Monday, September 11, 2006

OUCH!!!!!

Here is the latest news first. Anne has a sprained ankle, and quite likely a hairline fracture in her ankle. That is the news this afternoon, after a visit to a podiatrist. The morning started with a 10 a.m. appointment with Dr. Venero, because of ankle pain. He checked it out, and felt that it was best for her to see Dr. Dunne. They called right away to make an appt for her, and we were amazed that they were able to get her in at 1 p.m. today. It isn't even that he was having a slow day, as the office was pretty full. Anyway, Dr. Dunne did a quick check of her ankle, immediately finding all the sore bits, and ones she hadn't known about. He quickly pointed out the painful bit that indicated the sprain. They had already taken x-rays, and he said that it really looks like she has a hairline fracture in this bone that is shaped like a turtle. He could have ordered a scan to be sure, but it would involve contrast, and he didn't want to put her body through that, with all the other contrast she has had the past several months. So, she is in one of those lovely boots for 3 weeks, and then sees him again. If it isn't better, they will go ahead and either do the scan, or do an MRI. So.... poor kid still can't catch a break---oops, I guess she did, just the wrong kind. We aren't sure just how she managed to do it--the sprain and likely break---but there was that day a little while back when she kept catching her foot when she was walking. With the osteopenia, it might have been enough.

Now I am going to skip back to Saturday. Just a nice piece of news. I was out of the house to check the mail on Saturday early evening, and took a look at the butterfly garden. I was surprised to find/count 13 passion flowers fully open, and many buds getting ready to open. It is really pretty, as you might guess!

And, finally, for Sunday's big news. I was looking at the paper Sunday morning, and felt my recliner moving a little--sort of as if one of the kitties was slightly bumping into the back of it or something like that. Not that they ever have done that, but I figured that might be what it would feel like if they did. It lasted for less than a minute and then stopped, and I didn't think anything more about it. Till I heard the news last night and heard about the earthquake in the gulf!!!! It was at the same time! I know there were reports of others in the area feeling it. It sounds like most of Florida felt it, for that matter. How amazing. My second (I think??) earthquake as an adult, and I didn't even realize it was an earthquake.

I guess that is all the news. I would have been just as happy to have no real news but word of distant earthquakes and flowers. I would have been happier had we not found out that Anne has a sprain and likely a break. But, at least it isn't worse, and she is allowed to walk on it with the boot. That sure beats having to deal with a cast and crutches. She has been really lucky. Take care and I will keep you posted. Check the brain blog now and then, as Anne will update that soon.

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally, always so disappointed when you and Ann don't blog. Joanna, too. You all should write books. This finds us wondering just what will go wrong with poor Anabana next. We pray, nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home