Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ernesto Demoted to Tropical Depression

That is always good news to hear, right? Sure better than being promoted to a hurricane again!

I did some quick prep work yesterday morning--cleared Anne's scoured wool off the patio table, and got it into the house. I also got the cushions off the patio chairs and got them (cushions and chairs) put away in the storage shed. I didn't bother with the table, since it sounded like the chance of high winds kept being reduced. I made a trip to the base to fill my gas tank and pick up a few things.

Mike didn't get home till about 3.30, as they didn't seem to be in any rush to send the guys home. Mike and I agreed that it didn't look like there was any need to mess with the hurricane shutters for this storm, and I am really glad of that! It would really have been a waste of time and effort.

We had some thunder and rain early this morning. I went out to get the paper at 9 a.m.---there was just a bit of a sprinkle left by then. The rain gauge had 9/10 of an inch in it. I went ahead and dumped it, to reduce the risk of it overflowing later--haha. It has been dry for quite a while, we just finally had some more rain about 20 minutes ago. It hasn't been bad at all, no wind to speak of either. The storm is still a ways off, but continues to spread and weaken. We don't expect any problems from it.

So, all is fine here, and there really isn't any news to speak of. I am going to go now, and might write again later if there is anything interesting--haha. Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home