Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm Back?

I guess it has been a while, hasn't it? I have been puttering, procrastinating, sorting things and reading. I actually did a little bit of knitting--I should go post on the other blog! Life seems to be dribbling along, at high speed. Very contradictary, isn't it?

Mike got me a bookstore gift card for our anniversary--always a greatly appreciated gift! So far I have bought two hardcover books and a paperback,and I still have some money left on the card. Hurrah! I am almost done with the third book. They were all good, as usual! The one I am reading now is the latest Kathy Reich book. The one before that is the newest Monica Ferris book. She writes mysteries that have to do with crafts--knitting, needlepoint, etc, etc. The paperback was by an author new to me, Susan McBride, and it was good too. My other reading has all consisted of reading books that are on my shelves, that I hadn't read yet, or re-reading some of the ones I especially love and was ready to re-read!

Anne continues much as usual. She definitely doesn't seem to be getting any better, but is mostly holding her own. We are still trying to work out a visit with another infectious diseases doc for a second opinion. I think that is just about sorted out and we should have an appt set up soon.

Not much news from Brian and Christine. I am sure they are keeping really busy.

Oh, our big weather news! We actually got up to 96 yesterday!!!!! It sure didn't feel like it though. Anne and I were out running errands in the afternoon, and had no idea that it was so hot outside. Melbourne almost hit the record high for the day, which was 97. It is to be pretty warm again today. No rain in a good while now, but it doesn't look like the lakes' water levels are going down again yet.

All the central Florida kids are back in school. The last county to start back started on Thursday. Brevard County (our county) started back on Wednesday. Most of the other counties started the week before. They start early here, but they get out early in May, so I guess it works out.

The butterfly garden is doing well, with plenty of flowers and butterflies, too!

Well, I am out of news, so will go rather than blither on. Take care all and best wishes to you all!

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog,
how did you post pics above your "about me" section??

Kim

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sally said...

My daugher showed me how. Basically, you have to go into your template and insert the photos between "begin sidebar" and "blog descriptions".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home