Thursday, August 18, 2005

Travelogue Finale

Well, Anne tried to fool me, but I perservered and fooled her back. Or I am totally mistaken and losing it. Which is a distinct possibility too! I was sure that I saw the photo below in our joint photobucket account. I went there intending to do the magic that is "putting a photo into html" by just clicking on some buttons and then installing it in this blog update. Well, I got to photobucket and it wasn't there!!!! Anne had added more photos, but this one was not there! Horrors! What to do???

I have now learned enough over time that I had a tiny inkling of where to go to find the photo and actually did find it. However, the method I used to take photos from the email Christine sent didn't want to work for this. I was obviously doing something wrong. I tried several times, and it still didn't work. I think I stopped short of meeting the criteria for insanity---doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

To cut a long story short, I tried a different method, and it worked!!!!! In the old days, I might have had the courage to try once, maybe, but if that hadn't worked, I probably would have gone for help. I feel so "computer-y!!!!!!"

Anyway, back to the travelogue! We had a fairly uneventful trip home. For that reason, I will combine the whole trip back into one report. We got a later-than- planned-start, as we stopped at the base hospital after leaving the Hope Hotel that Monday. We wanted to check and see if it was possible to get a copy of the MRI films from Anne's head MRI taken there back in 1998. Turns out no, as the films were lost when they switched to digital. However, the tech did print out the report for us. It was sure better than nothing! Meanwhile, they have greatly changed things there at the hospital. The atrium used to be a funny combination of light and dark---lots of skylights, but darkish stone all over, with big planted areas, etc. It is totally different now! They took out all the planter areas, and the walls are all smooth and light colored now. There is nice light tile on the floors. The pharmacy is there now, and they have a lot of nice seating areas, with comfortable looking arm chairs and tables. Also, there is a nice area of tables and chairs further back in the atrium. It really looks nice!

We took yet a different route home, and it was interesting to see yet a different group of things, scenery, etc. It did add about 50 more miles to the trip, but it didn't seem to take any longer, and I think there was less road construction, so that was good! The primary point of interest was this stop for gas. We got off for gas and stopped at a station that had a name I recognized. Anne says it was at/near the Alabama-Georgia border, and I will trust her on that. This gas station, instead of the usual quick-mart attachment, was primarily a fireworks shop. Interesting combination, eh? Gasoline and fireworks. And the best/worse part, was that after the gal waited on me---the pump wouldn't spit out my receipt, so I had to go in and get it-----she came outside and stood by the door and SMOKED A CIGARETTE!!!!!! We got out of there as quickly as we could!!!!

You may be wondering what this photo has to do with all that? We pulled into the gas station, and immediately saw this sign, which we thought was hilarious. Anne took a couple of photos of it, while I was pumping gas. Fortunately, she got that done before I went in!!!! Maybe it was just the trip, but the sign struck us as really funny. Here it is! Be sure to click on it for the larger version!

Since we didn't have to arrive home the next day in time for any particular activity, my primary concern was to make sure we got at least halfway home, so we wouldn't have a long second day. We found a nice place to stop, and it was a much earlier stop than on the way up---I think we stopped at about 7 p.m.? The motel was nice, and we had a relaxing evening, watched some TV, read some Harry Potter, all the fun things! We got a decent start the next morning, not too late, not too early (!!) and got home at about 7 p.m. or so? We had a lot of rain right before we got home, it really poured something fierce. Most of the traffic really slowed down, which was nice. We made it home safely, which was the important thing.

So ends the travelogue, and I will have to find something interesting to write about next time! I still haven't told about the benefits/advantages of the German style restrooms, or some of the other interesting things from my trip to Germany, so I may move back in time and revisit some of those things! I guess it is also about time for a telling of how all the plants around the house are doing, too! So many things to write about, so little time! Till next time.....


At 10:16 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

I liked the truck sign too - kind a duh moment for those drivers, no?

Glad you got your photo to work, I am also a victim of trying things over and over the same way and expecting a different result! Maybe it is an age thing. Hold your nose right and it might work this next time!! LOL


Post a Comment

<< Home