Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Correction and News

Well, I think it is pretty sad when the girl with the tumor has a better memory for some things than her poor Mom, who seems to be losing it a bit! We were eating a bit of lunch, and she says to me, you made a mistake in your travelogue. We went to Michaels on Saturday and then again on Sunday. I was sure it was Friday evening, and then another quick stop on Saturday, after lunch, and before heading back to the room to get dressed for the wedding. I was so sure I was right, and that she was mistaken, but I found the receipts just a little while ago, and she was totally right. Go figure. More about that when I next do the travelogue bit!

So, if you have read the brain blog, you will know that there are new developments. After the stop at Dr. Paine's office and the setting of a new appt date and time, we decided to go ahead and go to the base as planned. Anne didn't want to be left alone at home, and I had to pick up a new prescription for the ultram at the clinic, and we needed a few things from the commissary. We figured it was best to go ahead and get it all done---she isn't going to want to be left alone while she is having the double vision and there is no way of knowing if it will clear up at all before the tumor is removed. And, since she has the appt with the surgeon tomorrow, there is no telling what he will decide and how quickly things might progress. We figured it was best to go ahead and do the quick shop.

I am getting pretty good at leading the semi-blind---only in that she is keeping her eyes closed. I fixed it so she could hold on to the buggy handle and I walked next to her, with an arm on each side of her and both hands on the buggy handle. It is handy that the buggies are wide enough that we could both walk behind it and not extend past the sides! The arrangement worked out well. Unfortunately, a thunderstorm hit just before we got out of there, but since I was parked really close to the commissary, she was okay with me leaving her with the buggy, right against the wall, while I got the car. I got soaked, but was able to get her into the car without getting her very wet at all, and then got the groceries into the trunk. We made one more stop, at CVS, to get her new refill of Antivert. Fortunately, it wasn't raining there, and wasn't wet at all when we got home. It made it so much easier to get her into the house and get the things out of the car!

So, it has been quite a day. I am so glad that things worked out for getting her in to see the surgeon sooner, I never dreamed that they might get her in tomorrow. It really is a relief. I will probably write more later.


At 9:35 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

You know I'll be thinking about you all tomorrow and will check in and see how you appointment went. I will keep you in my prayers!

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Thanks, JO!!!!!


Post a Comment

<< Home