Sunday, June 18, 2006

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!

Very best wishes to our favorite fathers! My dad instilled in me so many good things, I couldn't begin to list them all. He and my mom raised me to feel that I could do anything I wanted (well, as long as it was legal!), and I never felt that I shouldn't be interested in something because I was "a girl." What a fabulous gift!

I could say a whole lot more about the subject, about memories of things we did together as my sisters and I were growing up--fishing trips, camping, scouts, day trips and tours overseas, etc. but won't too much--don't want to get weepy! We always had a lot of fun, didn't we? There was always so much to see and do. And who could forget all the times we went fishing? I think the first time I can remember fishing was in Ohio, while visiting Grandma and Grandpa Maffett. Was that the first time? I seem to remember we were all pretty little? I am sure we didn't catch a thing, but had a good time. After that there was fishing in California (getting up at the crack of dawn, drinking coffee with lots of milk and sugar, that Grandma Brady had gotten up to brew before sending us all off), and fishing in Texas at the lake. Always a lot of good times, and sometimes those fish would actually bite!

Of course, there are tons of other memories of good times, that have nothing to do with fishing! But, too many to list. Still, it is fun to look back and remember all the fun times we all had together.

Oops, getting weepy. Just want to say, Dad, how much I appreciate everything. I'll say the same thing to you too, Mom---should have said it last month for Mother's Day. You all are great parents, and I am so thankful to have you!

We are a lucky extended family, to have so many great dads (and moms!) in it! Brian is already showing what a great dad he is and will be. Michelle is one lucky little gal. He had lots of great examples, growing up!

Well, it has been a quiet Sunday here so far, which is pretty much the way we like it to be! I think we had some rain last night and it is still very cloudy outside. We are still way below our normal rainfall, so can use every drop we get. Last I heard, we were still/now more than 10.5 inches below normal. Wow.

Daddy, have a great day today, and all you other dads, you do that too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home