Sunday, December 16, 2007

Despite the Best of Intentions

That is the way it goes, right? Good intentions end up going out the window when it comes to blogging sometimes.

Plus, I still can't post from AOL---although I have found that if I am on AOL and check gmail, I can get at blogger and post. That is what I am doing right now---it works, and beats having to switch to mozilla---I don't mind doing that, I just tend to forget that I want to post on this while I am there.

I have been busy knitting. The stockings are almost done. Then I will soon have another one to do, for Paul. At least I have it pretty well figured out--I think! heehee!

We had a nice day today---the cool weather hadn't hit yet, although we did have some rain this morning. I had thought it was to get cold last night, I had switched the thermostat over to heat before I went to bed. I am sure it never came on, the temps were fine today, and I had to put the A/C back on.

I was busy in the kitchen today too---I made more fudge, some of it without nuts, for Paul. I also made karamel korn---I think Brian and Anne both want some of that. I had bought a new microwave popcorn popper at the BX and I really like it. The popcorn popped up really big and nice. It sure is easier than trying to pop corn on the stove.

I still need to make Mike's cookies and the molasses cookies for Anne. I have thought about making some cookies for me---it is a small batch, mostly cocoa and egg whites and some walnuts--they freeze nicely too and I used to store them in the freezer when I made them before. I am not sure I really want/need sweets around right now. I am doing pretty well at leaving the trash, fudge and karamel korn alone--a taste now and then and that is about it.

I am still losing weight---I'm down 1.2 pounds from last week. I am still being careful what I eat, and I am exercising regularly and have upped the intensity a bit. It all helps, eh?

Well, not much else to write about. We are all fine. I am almost done with shopping, but am behind the curve on all other things Christmas. No cards done yet, no tree up yet (I had thought I would try to get it done this weekend, but was too busy---maybe tomorrow?). It will get done though (well, I hope the cards will get done---they are generally the thing that doesn't get done, if anything doesn't. Oh well)

Take care......!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home