Monday, August 27, 2007

A Whole Lot of Nothing Going On

I finally remembered that for some reason, since the "new" blogger came out, I somehow can't sign in while I am at my blog. Go figure. Of course, there are ways to get around such things, and so here I am.

Not a lot going on. My engine light came on in my car last week--actually, on Sunday when we got in my car to come home from dinner out. We checked the book, of course, and it said it is usually to do with the emissions control stuff. As suggested, I checked my gas cap first off. I knew that the problem wasn't that I hadn't tightened it properly, or that I had left it somewhere---I mean really. But, when we got home, I took the cap off and put it back on again. No change, and on Tuesday I went and bought a new gas cap, in case the old one wasn't sealing properly. Long story short, I called the Honda place this morning. I was surprised, he told me it would be $104 right off the bat to check it out, but said that the auto part places usually will do a free diagnostic thing that will let you know if it is the gas cap, or just what the problem might be. So, I called the place I got the new cap from and yes, they do that. So, off I went, and the guy did his thing. It isn't the gas cap. Something about the O2 sensor or something like that. So, I have an appt to take my car in to the Honda place at 2 p.m. today. We will see just what the problem is, and I hope they can fix it this afternoon, or at least first thing in the morning, since I will need my car tomorrow afternoon. I guess we will see.

That is about the most excitement we have had here. After weeks of no rain or very little rain, rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast again. Not sure if we will get any---the central inland section has already had a lot, and even had some flooding, I think. Thank goodness we don't seem to have that kind of problem here.

We heard the shuttle come in last week. I was in the dining room, on the computer, and heard a double sonic boom. Couldn't figure out what it was at first, then realized it must be the shuttle. I ran outside to see if I could spot it, but of course, it was much too far away. I came back into the house, to hear a special report on the tv, that it was getting ready to land, and about the two sonic booms, one from the nose and one from the wings. Mike says they heard it at work, and I think he said they had gone out before it was to go by, but didn't see it either.

It has been pretty hot. Not Texas hot, and not southern California hot, but pretty warm for us. We are supposed to start cooling down a little, like to the high 80's, but it doesn't feel like that has happened yet. I couldn't believe how hot it felt this morning, at 9.30, when I went to the auto parts place. A sign near there said it was 91 degrees, which I would have easily believed. But, you can't ever trust those signs, and the computer says that even now it is only in the high 80's. Not sure why it feels so hot then. Maybe the humidity is up?

Well, I guess that is enough for now. I will try to update more often!


Post a Comment

<< Home