Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNE!!!!

Amazing as it is to believe, Anne is 26 years old today. It seems like just yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital. I remember so much about the night she was born, including the little bit of trivia that The Life of Riley was on the tv while I was in labor. I know you were all dying to know that!

She has been an interesting kid to raise, and it has been fun seeing some of the stages she has gone through. I feel really lucky to have been blessed with two great kids.

I have a Chocolate Whiskey Fudge Cake in the oven, that should be done any time now. Of course, I make it with orange juice instead of the whiskey--never seem to have whiskey in the house, and the orange juice works just fine. We will go out to dinner, after a trip to the Zoo (assuming the weather behaves).

We had a good thunderstorm and a lot of rain last night. I checked the rain gauge this morning and we got 1.6 inches of rain. Anne and Paul had come by for dinner and to get some more boxes, and naturally, the rain started up again when they were ready to leave. I guess that is the way it goes, right?

Well, I have to go tend to the cake, you all take care and have a happy Fourth of July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home